BEAR LAKE VALLEY HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION
Make A Healthy Donation Capital Campaign
The Foundation's mission is to assist in the development, improvement, and expansion of the facilities and programs of Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, and its Skilled Nursing Facility. A secondary purpose is to establish a series of community service initiatives 'healthy community' funds, each designed to improve the health of Bear Lake Valley Residents.
WHY A HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION?
The Foundation's ongoing purpose is to supply funding to assure "state of the art" technical expertise and equipment at Bear Lake Memorial Hospital. Another principle purpose is to promote healthy aging and to assure that Bear Lake's senior population "lives better longer".
In 1997, the Bear Lake Valley Health Care Foundation began a capital campaign in support of the Hospital's construction/renovation project. With the help of the Montpelier Lions Club and a spectacularly successful "radio daze", the Foundation received some $522,000 in pledges towards the construction project.
WHAT DOES THE FOUNDATION DO?
In order to accomplish the goals mentioned above, the foundation conducts a series of fund raising campaigns. The Hospital Auxiliary works with the Foundation conducting special events.
The Foundation requests an annual project(s) list from Bear Lake Memorial administration.
Since 2001 to present, the Foundation has raised over $3.5 million.
These funds have been used for projects like:
• Skilled Nursing Facility Addition & Remodel
• Digital X-Ray System
• Annual Senior Health Fair
• Electronic Medical Records Project
• Nursing Facility Furnishings
• C.T. Scanner
• Dialysis Center
• Automatic door openers for the Hospital
• Bone density screening equipment
• Janet K. Skinner Nurse Education loan program
WHERE DOES THE MONEY COME FROM?
The Foundation is an independent non-profit organization which raises money through grant writing, individual donations, special events, annual mass mailings, employee payroll deductions, and a series of annual campaigns, such as corporate partners, friends of the hospital, bequests, in-kind contributions, etc. The Foundation sponsors other special projects like the annual "Golf Fore Health" golf tournament.
HOW CAN I HELP?
Although tax deductible cash contributions are the most common way of giving to the Foundation, you can also give through "gifting" insurance annuities, stocks, bonds, appreciated securities, properties and trusts. Please ask us about deferred giving plans, memorial gifts and estate planning. In-kind gifts, gifts of time, labor, materials and other ways are greatly appreciated.
Send all contributions to:
Bear Lake Valley Health Care Foundation, P.O. Box 364, Montpelier, ID 83254
HEALTHIER COMMUNITY GRANT APPLICATIONS
The Bear Lake Valley Health Care Foundation annually accepts applications for its “Healthier Community” grant funds. The Foundation awards up to ten grants ranging from a minimum of $100 to a maximum of $2,500. Contact Craig Thomas, Foundation Executive Director, for application details at 847-4450. Current grant deadline is set for May 30, 2013. Click here for current grant application.
Previously funded grants include:
- Paris Elementary PTO - Upgrade Playground
- Bear Lake Senior Center - Veteran's Transportation for medical care
- Bear Lake Underwater Dive Team - Rescue Equipment
- National Oregon/California Trail Center - To market the new Center
- Bear Lake High School - Scholarships (Application)
- Montpelier Parks & Recreation-Move-a-Mile Program and Adams Park improvements
- Cokeville Schools - Funds toward a Frisbee Golf Course
- Georgetown Elementary - Physical Education Equipment
- Montpelier Kids Clulb-Healthy Lifestyles Project
- City of Montpelier downtown beautification
- Paris Elementary PTO - Creative Development Room.
- Montpelier Fire Department - S.C.U.B.A. equipment.
- National Oregon/California Trail Center - Education to the quilters conference
These grant funds are made available as a result of the Foundation’s accrual of interest on investments and are designed to promote a healthier community.
JANET K. SKINNER NURSING EDUCATION FUND
The Bear Lake Valley Healthcare Foundation (BLVHCF) has set up a program to provide applicants selected to participate in the Nursing Loan/Stipend Program with loans/stipends. In return for the awards, the recipient agrees to pay back the loan/stipend, interest free, according to the payment plan set up by BLVHCF and the recipient.
The repayment of the loan will not exceed three years (36 months), but may be less according to the amount loaned and the type of job obtained after graduation.
Applicants must be employees of Bear Lake Memorial Hospital.
Program guidelines and Application forms
Opportunities for making a significant difference in the health of our community are always available through the volunteer services programs at Bear Lake Memorial Hospital. Our volunteer program consists of the Bear Lake Memorial Hospital Auxiliary for adult volunteers, Bear Lake Memorial Volunteer Services program to include service opportunities within the hospital campus and the Bear Lake Memorial Hospital Youth Volunteer program (age14-18).
Each serves throughout the year and provides a host of services in support of and in promoting Bear Lake Memorial Hospital and its patients and patrons throughout the Bear Lake Valley. Our focus is to endorse the Hospital’s mission and goals by:
- Providing departmental support through volunteer staffing
- Conducting fund raising activities
- Promoting a positive image in the valley
- Advocating health and wellness through education and information
Adult Volunteer Application
Auxiliary Thrift Store