Bear Lake Memorial Hospital Sleep Study Program
Helping you get Premier Sleep!
DO YOU SLEEP WELL?
Snoring can be hazardous to your health. Loud snoring is no laughing matter and for many it may signal a breathing problem during sleep.
- Do you Snore?
- Are you sleeping during the day?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you wake up with morning headaches?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Are you irritable, fatigued or have difficulty breathing?
- Do you find it hard to stay awake while driving, watching TV, reading a book, or attending a meeting?
- Do you ever wake up choking, gasping for air, or have a skipping or racing heart beat during the night?
- Has anyone watched you sleep and told you that you gasp, snort or hold your breath during sleep?
If you answered YES to two or more of these questions, you may be suffering from Sleep Apnea. Untreated, sleep apnea can cause debilitating sleepiness, increase the chances of driving accidents and may lead to health complications, including heart failure.
1.Keep a sleep diary – For a few nights, you or a sleep partner can record if you are snoring and how loud your snoring is, how well you are sleeping, whether you are having trouble breathing (choking or gasping), and whether you feel refreshed in the morning.
2.Record yourself sleeping – Recording yourself can be a helpful tool for your doctor. You can use a sound-activated audio recorder or a software program that turns your computer into a recorder.
What is a Sleep Study (Polysomnogram-PSG)?
What does sleep testing involve?
What happens during a Sleep Study?
Are Sleep Studies covered by insurance?
Call Jared Farmer at 847-1630